Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Life/Have Heart

Well, I guess its about time I update this thing.

First off, I'm glad I haven't really partied lately. I'm so much happier and have a lot more fun when I'm not completely smashed. I wish more of my friends would understand that they don't need to drink, or get high every night to have fun, I'm not one to ever smoke weed but these days I never hang out with people anymore who are sober and it bums me out...especially knowing you guys are better than that. But I won't go on a rant about this because its not my place to tell you how to live your life. I've just realized more than anything how it's progressively turned me into a happier person and I'd like to keep it that way.
Speaking of friends, I keep meeting the most amazing people. People who probably don't even realize how great they are. So I thank anyone new that I have met for giving me the privilege to meet you. You are all awesome. I enjoy meeting new, positive people who actually have a story to tell, and who willingly admit that they aren't perfect, who dont put on this front for the whole world to see. Its good when people acknowledge their flaws. And those of you who don't, you really need a fucking reality check. Especially those of you who pick out flaws on someone else when you don't even have the fucking balls to admit you're in the wrong. Pisses me off, realize that people make mistakes, everyone deserves a second chance.


So enough about that, I don't have a life anymore outside of work, but I'm actually okay with that, I'm siked to just work and go to school so I can transfer to a school in Boston, I need a huge change like that in my life more than anything. I've realized how fucking bummed I always am in Indiana. But right when I hit the road to head to a show, or just go on a trip it takes a load off my shoulders. I just need to travel and discover new places.

Example: last night,
Leann and I went to Nashville, Tennessee. I've been to Nashville for shows before but this was completely different, it was packed, and everyone was legitimately enjoying every moment of it.
When Have Heart played songs off their new album it was amazing how you could automaticallly sense all the different emotions in the room.
I listened to the new album on repeat on the way back home while leann was sleeping, it amazes me. I can relate so much to the songs. Pat Flynn's lyrics are absolutely phenominal, I really don't think I can stress that enough. PHENOMINAL.
When you are moved by lyrics like his its a fucking rad feeling.

Another thing that's phenominal is how leann always gets to sleep on our roadtrips and I'm always stuck driving, needless to say, I couldn't drive all the way home last night, so I pulled over and slept for 3 hours In a church parking lot in my car. And what's crazy, it didn't bother me at all, haha. Stuff like that is fun to me. Ask me why and I won't have an answer.

Time to watch wipeout though, I'll be updating a lot more.

No comments: